• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TEST RIDE VIDEO: 2015 Yamaha SR Viper M-TX 162 LE

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Published on Apr 3, 2014
http://www.snowtraxtv.com

SnowTrax Television Co-Host Luke Lester gets his first ride aboard Yamaha's turbocharged 2015 SR Viper MTX.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VUH181UgbFU?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Nice!

Nice little video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

I think this is the right direction for Yamaha. I hope they redesign the top half of the spindle some and it would be nice to see hp numbers a little closer to 200. I'm sure there will be some light weight components in the future as well.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
why is it that all these 15's they have out on the snow are boosted? The sled does NOT come boosted from the factory. WHY do demo rides with something you cant buy?

Will Yamaha every build a sled that doesn't take another 5 grand (or more)put into it to make it keep up with box stock sleds from the other big 3? Eric

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
why is it that all these 15's they have out on the snow are boosted? The sled does NOT come boosted from the factory. WHY do demo rides with something you cant buy?

Will Yamaha every build a sled that doesn't take another 5 grand (or more)put into it to make it keep up with box stock sleds from the other big 3? Eric

Don't they have non boosted and boosted sleds at all the demos. Why wouldn't you be able to buy the sled with boost, or do you mean straight from factory. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

I just spent 13500 for my 15 163 pro with electric start, and 14000 for my 2015 viper. for the 2500 bucks you can add the mpi turbo your only 3 grand difference for a sled that will have another 30 horse. If the 3000 grand and the extra weight is a turn off nobody is putting a gun to anyones head and forcing them to buy a Yamaha. buy what ya like and ride it and have fun.

Yes Ouray, it is 1000 pds heavier and we are tired of hearing from you yapping.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris didn't you post a pic of a Viper in your trailer? I haven't seen a ride review from you yet unless I missed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I did post a picture of it a couple weeks back.
But I have only spent MINUTES on the sled so I really can't offer up any meaningful comments.
I ordered my new Viper based on comments from people I trust, same as I did on my Nytros several years back.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Best prices I have found so far from Michelle at OTS

2015 SR Viper M-TX 162 SE $11,980
2015-SR-Viper-MTX-153-SE.gif

2015 SR Viper M-TX 162 LE $12,120

2015-SR-Viper-MTX-162-LE-Orange-3_4.jpg

Add Turbo +$2,000
Working on an installation deal...

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

i can get one in canada with turbo installed for a 1000$ more than doo,poo or cat & it will keep up.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I did post a picture of it a couple weeks back.
But I have only spent MINUTES on the sled so I really can't offer up any meaningful comments.
I ordered my new Viper based on comments from people I trust, same as I did on my Nytros several years back.

if i had one in my trailer i would have more than a few minutes on it.:face-icon-small-hap

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I rode two boosted 2015 sleds on Saturday. They let us ride a black 153 and an orange/blue LE. We took them up for a quick rip in about 6-8" of fresh snow. The LE seemed to be set up a bit better, they were trying different clutching setup a with the guys from Ulmer.

The things I immediately noticed and liked about the sled was the feel if a more front-back balance compared to my nytro and the true vertical steering post (compared to my relocated nytro post). The power came on smooth and I did notice that the turbo seemed to have less (no) lag compared to my rear mount, which I don't think has much lag.

They had different skis on each sled, the 153 had the MT9's from a few years ago and the LE had powder pros. I liked the powder pros better in the snow conditions we were in.

Overall I liked the sled, it addresses a lot of the things that all of us nytro owners had to work on (running boards, fuel capacity, vertical steering, front end geometry, etc). If I were to buy one I honestly think it would be turbo kit and skis for at least half the first season before I would start messing with it :)

I can't think of anything else - I can try to answer questions if anyone has any.

TK

Last edited:
M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
I've made my mind up on a viper and hope I won't be disappointed. I didn't get a chance to demo one but I'm hungry for power and love reliability. I'm coming off an xp, hope I'm not making a bad choice!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think we are all going to have a blast on our new vipers next season

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I did the same thing as others here and snow checked mostly based on reviews. I own a 2013 M8 and my boosted Nytro so I have time on the chassis and time on the engine....just not together yet. Basically the merger combines my favorite parts of both machines, which makes it impossible to say no.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Premium Features