• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Canyon Outfitters

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Well we just packed our first elk out of the season. I was a nice 4x4. It was the guy's first bull and shot it with a recurve. I will try to get the pictures up in a little bit. The guys had only been in there for about a day. The other guy that was with him his back went out and he decided it would be better just to come out so we packed them out yesterday. But they saw a HUGE 6x6 bull they just couldnt get close enough. The guys in our other camp have seen elk every day but couldnt get a good shot, but my dad went there to check on them so i will find out if they have killed anything but i bet they did. I'm going up this weekend to try to get my first elk with my bow.

Well our California guys could have closed the deal if they hadnt let go of his bow to get the sling off. It drop like a ton of led and the cow laying 48 yards away herd that a took off. The say guy later encountered a 5x5 walkin on a trail but the bull spotted his buddy walking in the draw and ran off. But they all the Moster 6x6 bull that was running around in Grindstone Creek but they just could get him to talk back after they started after him. We have 4 guys in Bear Creek right now and my dad is going to check on them tomarrow and i will let you know if they kill anything.

Well our bunch of 4 we had in bear creek missed 2 6x6 probaly because they shot at one a 90 yards with a bow and the other one not to sure what happened. I will try to get some pictures of there hunts though. Well now we start the combined deer/elk rifle season the 18 i think. Here are some pictures from the first weekend of my hunt. They are all on hillside.
Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Most of the bulls around here are any where from 280 to about 320. If you want really big bulls not this year but next year we will have some New Mexico elk tags and you could come and hunt the mosters with us down there. A hoyt member comes hunting down there about every year and he killed a 3 something bull. Here is the picture of him. Also you can buy for sure bull and either sex tags for archery.
Elk2004sm.jpg

ya the drop camps are a very good deal in this area for achery. Archery season is the best time to come and hunt elk to because the place were your drop camp is usally has about a foot of snow by now. But lot of elk roaming all over the mountians around here but that one of the best places for the mosters. We only saw 5 people in there during archery season this year.

Premium Features