• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why buy American?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
If I recall correctly you can tell where the truck was made just by looking at the very first number in the VIN code...

1,4,5 - USA
2 - Canada
3 - Mexico

Both of my trucks were made in the Kentucky Truck Plant here in the U.S.A.:face-icon-small-hap

Both begin: 1FT......

USA built, Ford, Truck

:beer;

One of my former co-workers bought a brand new dodge back in 06 and I think it was also made in Mexico:(

I picked up a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD this spring.

VIN begins with=1GT...... 1 Great Truck, Roanoke Indiana

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
At times however, I have thought it would be better to help a starving worker out in Bangladesh than support the US Union greed.

You wont support US Union greed but you will support the greed of the company that takes their business overseas and pays their workers pennies?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I try to buy American whenever I can.......

1997 Expedition
2000 Excursion
2003 Expedition
2006 Impala
2012 Malibu

2012 Arctic Cat

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Did I say that? People in Bangladesh need to eat too.

Not disagreeing that they need to eat too, but would you and your neighbors rather have jobs or be unemployed? That is more of the intent of my original post. When more than 70 percent of our country is getting a check from the government and the other 30 percent is working to pay taxes to support that, the ratio is just wrong. We need to start making a conscience decision when buying stuff to rebuild this country first. We do have that ability as long as we spend or money wisely.

Premium Features