• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broke cover boly off in the tower

R
Jul 11, 2004
cpt illinois
got in a hurry changing weights and im not sure if i over tightened it or it was just a weak bolt anyone know of a place i can send it to get the bolt out or do i need to find a new clutch polaris P85 btw

thanks guys

M
Jan 19, 2011
Those bolts are kind of a semi self tapping design and tend to tear up the threads in the hole every time you run then in and out.The shavings get bound up in the threads and lock the bolt up hard.That's probably what broke yours.If the bolt has some protruding to grab onto,use some PB Blaster and a bit of heat with the back and forth movement.Standard drill and ez out may work but you need to be pretty precise with the drilling.Wahl brothers has P85 parts.Any good local machine shop can probably get the bolt out fairly easily.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Drill and EZ-out.....those are fairly soft and should come out easy if the threads are OK. Or it might come out with a reverse drill bit.

Premium Features