• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 Clutch free spinning & can't get it off.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
ouch 1200, definitely a fair bit more then I need or want to spend. This is a stock sled for the most part, just used for playing in powder/boondocking. We got 9 years out of the oem clutch. I'm not opposed to going stock, or stock with a kit. Any recommendations on where to get the best bang for my buck?

I thought I saw a brand new primary for sale in the classifieds.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Talk to Eric at Racin Station. He rebuilds them and sales new. He'll give you good guidance.

I've had one AC primary clutch go on me...got a new OEM through warrantee...it went 2500 miles with no major problems. They are typically good for 2000 miles with pretty hard riding. May argue they get less, but from what I've seen with several ACs that is the exception. Not the best quality, but they seem to last OK.

If you are feeling like taking on some risk, there are used ones on Ebay for $200...but I wouldn't trust it.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Buy a new spider, they are around 170. But you are going to have to spend another 150 in the proper tools to rebuild the cat clutch. If you are going to be riding this sled for a few years you are going to want the tools anyway.

Premium Features