• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Polaris IQR, 660 VES w/ Neils Power Pipe, WI

W
Mar 12, 2008
I am putting my IQr up for sale/feeler/obo. I love this sled and dont want to see it go but this is my last year of college and winter bills look like they may need some extra cash.

I bought this sled spring of 08 as a 2005 440, when I got it she was in pretty rough shape. That summer I ripped it all the way down to the bare tunnel. I welded all the cracks and fixed everything on the chassis to make it structurally sound. While I had it all apart I Rhino-lined the tunnel and A-arms black, and repainted the A-Frame under the hood.

In the fall I picked up a 660 VES complete with a custom neils power pipe. The motor was fresh, and the pipe was brand new. I dropped this motor in and the sled rips. Right now I run it on premix with Klotz. You buy the sled it will come with an oil pump that you can install oil injection on it if you want.

Last year I probably only put about 500 miles on the sled. I would say 400 of those were riding around the backcountry of the UP, and the rest were riding at the freestyle park in Bessemer. I did jump this sled on a bunch of snow hits, and hit a step up ramp probably only 40 or so times.

There are a few minor issues with the sled as it sits now, I am going to put them out there because I am an honest seller and not trying to screw anyone over. My last ride last year was a small cross country race. During this race I ended up snapping the front torque arm in my skid. Not catching it right away it ended up ovaling out the holes in the tunnel slightly on the right side slightly. They could be fixed very easily by putting in some new steel backing plates. I was going to do this before the season, and it can be worked out with the seller that I will fix this for them before selling the sled to them.

Besides that, the sled is in really good shape. The motor runs great, and has room for improvement. I don't have the time/money being in college to really tune in the jetting/clutching, and ive been running this motor pretty safe on the rich side, and only hitting peak RPM's around 7800. The broken skid I decided not to fix, and during haydays I picked up a new skid, from an 05 that appears to have shocks in great condition. This skid also has a titanium spring setup on it. I think the owners of this skid before I picked it up knew what they were doing and had it set up.

For price I am going to list at 4300$. At this price you will get the sled along with a bunch of spare odd and end IQr parts. Just some stuff I dont need sitting around the garage that you can take and sell on ebay or whatever. The sled is located in Northern Wisconsin, and can be seen at any time. I just may not be there since I am at school. If buyer needs any help in delivery things may be worked out. Seeing the price that some of the 05/06 rollers/440s are going for, along with a 660 VES with a Neils setup, and a bunch of spare parts I think the price is fair.

Best way to reach me is through Email, I rarely ever check snowest. Email I check multiple times a day and easier for me to organize and manage the sale. My email is djflesse@mtu.edu. Contact me and I can give you my cell number to talk if you have any questions about the sled. I may not get on the forum for a few days at a time due to school/work getting busy.

Below is a short list of the sled, and a vid of when I first got it put together and one short one of how it really sounds out in the backcountry. If any more information or pictures are wanted, please let me know. I have tons of pics from when I built it, and can get pics up in a few days of anything. Thanks for the interest. Let me know.

2005 IQr 440 Chassis
660 VES motor - from 2002 prox
Neils Power Pipe
06 Black Race Seat
USI Project X Skis
Rear Skid has Titanium Springs
FLY Bars/Riser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfmUhljxlk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKAw3sV3WiY

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg