Comparison Test: Arctic Cat's '09 three 160+ hp snowmobiles
August 18, 2008
|All this talk of Cat losing its following with the hard-core straight-line speed crowd must have really tanned its backside. The guys up in Thief River Falls wanted their bad-boy image back and wanted everyone to know Cat's are the fastest sleds on snow.|
So, this year Arctic Cat came with two all-new big horsepower speed demons in the Z1 Turbo and the Crossfire R 1000, but they also put their F1000 on a quick 10-lb. Jenny Craig diet.
What does this mean for the rest of the lake racing competition? Well, Cat is the only manufacturer to have a current model year 1000cc 2-stroke engine AND it's the only manufacturer to be coaxing 170+ horsepower from a stock turbo.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to American Snowmobiler magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get these great benefits:
- Articles - Access to thousands of American Snowmobiler articles from 1998 to present.
- Shoot-out Results - Premium members get to see our shoot-out results first, right after the events happen.
- Interactive Buyers Guide - Look at specs and compare multiple sleds, side by side, from 1997 to the current model year.
- Industry Directory - Use our searchable snowmobile business directory guide to find a performance shop or other snowmobile related companies in your area.
- Photo Galleries - View and submit action-packed sled photos of your favorite sleds in action!
- Reader Forums - Participate in our reader forums